March 30, 2011

The Town of Laguna Beach

We've been to the town of Laguna Beach before. It's a nice California town, with galleries and shops and (of course) a beach.


We browsed through an interesting gallery, Kush Fine Art. I don't have any pictures of it but you might want to browse their site to see the metaphorical paintings. They reminded me of Jerry Uelsmann's photographs, which I found stunning in the days before Photoshop brought photo-surrealism into the reach of hundreds of artists.  (Mind you, I'm not claiming that anyone can do what Uelsmann did. I once took a short course under him in Florida and found his work to be amazing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.